MILITARY & VETERANS
Honoring and supporting our military, veterans and their families is the debt we owe to those brave men and women who have given so much to our country and the preservation of our freedom. Rep. King is one of the Kentucky General Assembly's best advocates for Kentucky's military and has worked on the local, state and national level to protect and promote our armed forces.
• Serves on the House Veterans Military Affairs and Public Protection Committee and the National Conference of State Legislators National Veterans Task Force.
• Serves on Formation 22, a national social network of over 26,000 veterans looking to reduce the 22 suicides a day of our veterans.
• Co-founded Soldiers Family Christmas, 6th Battalion in Ft. Campbell, created in 2001 to help more than 550 military men, women and children have a happy holiday season.
• Named the 2015 Kentucky American Legion Legislator of the Year for her work with the commonwealth's military and veterans.
• Consistently supports and co sponsors military and veterans legislation, including funding for the Veterans Nursing home in Bowling Green.